Hot Grilled Lamb Skewers
These delicious and easy to prepare skewers are a sure-fire hit. However, it is important to note that they should be prepared the day before your BBQ.
- 800g-boned leg of lamb cut into small, even squares around 2.5 cm
- Red capsicum
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 tsp of red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp of cracked peppercorns
- ½ tsp of ground cardamom
- 85g plain yoghurt
- 25g ginger
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- ½ of red chilli powder (or to taste)
- Combine marinade ingredients in a blender and mix to a smooth paste.
- Add 1 tsp of salt and a dash of cracked pepper.
- Mix lamb squares with marinade ingredients, then cover and place in fridge to leave overnight. This will allow them to marinate properly.
- When the lamb is ready to cook, soak wooden skewers in water for around 10 minutes. You should set your BBQ to medium-high.
- Add around 5 pieces of lamb to each skewer. Intersperse lamb pieces with capsicum and onion.
- Place skewers on BBQ oil racks and cook for around 13 minutes, turning the skewers at regular intervals.
- When the meat is cooked all the way through, remove them from the BBQ and serve accordingly with sides or by themselves if you prefer.
Scrumptious Mini Ginger Chicken Burgers With Chipotle Mayo
These satisfying mini burgers are so tasty that your guests are guaranteed to have a good time even if their horse comes last. A food processor is required for this recipe.
- 200g Chicken Breast Fillets (chopped and prepared)
- 1 ½ tsps of curry powder
- 1 tbsp of peanut oil
- 2 green onion, diced
- Spinach or rocket (depending on your preference)
- 5cm of peeled and chopped ginger
- ¼ cup of coriander leaves
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- Small soft bread rolls
Chipotle Mayo Ingredients
- ½ Cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon of dried oregano leaves
- 2 chipotle chillies (mild and according to taste)
- Use a food processor to combine the chicken, garlic, curry powder, onion, ginger and coriander until mix is created.
- Use a tablespoon and scoop the mixture into even patties.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat to cook the patties for 4 minutes on each side until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
- To prepare the Chipotle mayo, remove chipotles from sauce and chop them finely. Whisk this thoroughly with oregano, regular mayonnaise and sour cream. After this, chill mix for 1 hour to achieve maximum flavour.
- After cooking the patties and the chilling of the chipotle is complete, add both to the small soft bread rolls and serve with your choice of accompanying filler salad.
Need to stock up on quality meat for your next Darwin BBQ for Melbourne Cup? Be sure to call or visit these Butchers servicing the Darwin area!
Looking for some yummy recipes for your next BBQ? Check out these ideas: