BBQ Chilli Garlic Prawn Recipe
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded (depending on heat preference) & finely chopped
- 1 kg of raw king prawns, peeled, deveined & tailed attached
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of lime juice
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Aioli or mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, place garlic, chilli, lime juice, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined. Add the prawns and toss until evenly coated. *See note.
- Place prawns onto preheated barbecue and grill for 2 minutes each side, or until they are cooked through and golden.
Serve on skewers, with pasta, salad or as a steak topper.
Note: Cover coated prawns and refrigerate overnight, or a minimum of half-an-hour.
Beer Battered Prawn Recipe
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 bottle of 375ml of your favourite beer
- 1kg of green prawns, peeled with heads removed, deveined & tails attached
- Olive oil, or peanut oil to deep-fry
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Form a well in the centre of the mixture. Gradually whisk in the beer until a smooth batter forms.
- In a wok or deep bottom pot, add enough oil to submerge the prawns. Heat the oil. You will know the oil is ready when a small piece of bread placed in the oil is easily browned.
- Holding the prawns by their tails, dip them in the batter to coat. Add them to the oil and cook for 2 minutes, or until golden and crispy brown.
- Using a holed ladle, transfer the prawns from the wok to a paper towel to remove excess oil, and serve.
These prawns are delicious with a sweet or spicy chilli sauce.
Curried Prawn Kebab Recipe
- 12 fresh banana prawns, deveined with heads removed and tails attached.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of red or green curry paste (depending on preference)
- 1 juiced lime
- Pineapple chunks
- Mixed vegetable chunks of your liking
- In a large bowl, combine coconut milk, curry paste and lime juice. Add the prawns and coat.
- Skewer the prawns onto wooden skewers (soaked in water to prevent burning), alternating with pineapple and vegetables.
- Preheat your barbecue, and cook your prawns for 3-5 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
Serve on a bed of brown rice or on top of a salad.
Do you like to catch your seafood straight from your very own boat? Check out these boat sales and service centres in Port Stephens!
Soldiers Point Marine Centre
Established in 1975, Soldiers Point Marine Centre offers boat repair services, as well as boat and accessories sale. Their products and services include:
- Sale of small boats, trailers and accessories.
- Detailing and marine electrical.
- Repairs for boats, trailers and accessories.
If you are looking for boat sales and repairs in Port Stephens you can trust, check out Soldiers Point Marine Centre. To find out more about their products and services, check out their LocalSearch page.
Bay Boat Sales
The family owned and operated Bay Boat Sales prides themselves on offering personalised boat sales and repairs in Port Stephens. Their products and services include.
- Service and repairs.
- Boat sales.
- Sale of marine parts.
Whether you’re looking for a small boat, or Tournament pleasure boats, Bay Boat Sales has the right knowledge and products for your needs. Discover all of their products and services on their LocalSearch page.
Are you a foodie? You’ll love these articles: