BBQ Chilli Garlic Prawn Recipe
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded (depending on heat preference) & finely chopped
- 1 kg of raw king prawns, peeled, deveined & tailed attached
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of lime juice
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Aioli or mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, place garlic, chilli, lime juice, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined. Add the prawns and toss until evenly coated. *See note.
- Place prawns onto preheated barbecue and grill for 2 minutes each side, or until they are cooked through and golden.
Serve on skewers, with pasta, salad or as a steak topper.
Note: Cover coated prawns and refrigerate overnight, or a minimum of half-an-hour.
Beer Battered Prawn Recipe
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 bottle of 375ml of your favourite beer
- 1kg of green prawns, peeled with heads removed, deveined & tails attached
- Olive oil, or peanut oil to deep-fry
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Form a well in the centre of the mixture. Gradually whisk in the beer until a smooth batter forms.
- In a wok or deep bottom pot, add enough oil to submerge the prawns. Heat the oil. You will know the oil is ready when a small piece of bread placed in the oil is easily browned.
- Holding the prawns by their tails, dip them in the batter to coat. Add them to the oil and cook for 2 minutes, or until golden and crispy brown.
- Using a holed ladle, transfer the prawns from the wok to a paper towel to remove excess oil, and serve.
These prawns are delicious with a sweet or spicy chilli sauce.
Curried Prawn Kebab Recipe
- 12 fresh banana prawns, deveined with heads removed and tails attached.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of red or green curry paste (depending on preference)
- 1 juiced lime
- Pineapple chunks
- Mixed vegetable chunks of your liking
- In a large bowl, combine coconut milk, curry paste and lime juice. Add the prawns and coat.
- Skewer the prawns onto wooden skewers (soaked in water to prevent burning), alternating with pineapple and vegetables.
- Preheat your barbecue, and cook your prawns for 3-5 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
Serve on a bed of brown rice or on top of a salad.
Are you a foodie? You’ll love these articles: