1. Have A Wedding Emergency Kit
If there’s something worse than getting a blister, being hungry, bleeding lipstick or a tear in a dress, it’s being unprepared for these things. Before your wedding day, arrange for someone to have an emergency kit to prepare for any unexpected incidents. Whether it’s your wedding planner, maid of honour or your mum, ensure some reliable can bring it to the wedding venue!
In your emergency kit, ensure you include these things:
- Snacks (protein bars, crackers etc.)
- Paw paw cream (great for rubbing shoes, lip balm, stuck zips)
- Lipstick to match the one you’re wearing on the day
- Sanitary products (you never know!)
- Mini sewing kit
- Clear nail polish (perfect for stocking snags, chipped nail polish etc.)
And any other items you feel will save you from stressing on your big day.
2. Call Your Suppliers & Venues A Week Before Your Wedding
You may have the details locked in a contract, but sometimes things happen, i.e. lost paperwork, accidental double booking etc. Help keep your big day stress free by calling all your suppliers and venues several times throughout your wedding planning process to confirm the details. Call again one week from your wedding day to confirm once more, just to be safe.
Ensure you call these people to confirm your details:
- Ceremony & reception venue (confirm guest number, back-up option etc.)
- Photographer & videographer (check times they agreed to be available)
- Florist (ask them to repeat the flower types & arrangements ordered)
- Car hire (triple check what time they will be arriving & if available for photos)
- Caterer (if your venue isn’t catering, check the guests agreed & selection)
Note: If you’ve hired a wedding planner, they’ll be in regular communication with your suppliers. You may wish to ask for confirmation emails for your own records.
3. Book Your Final Wedding Dress Alterations In The Last Week
Throughout your wedding planning process, you’ll go for several wedding dress fittings. If possible, have your final fitting in the week leading up to your wedding. A lot can change in a week, so doing it at the last possible moment will help ensure your gown fits like a glove. Just ensure in advance that your seamstress is able to make changes at the last minute if needed.
If you’ve already received your gown, wear it for at least 15 minutes in the week of your wedding. Sit down in the dress, have a little dance and put on your lingerie and your high heels to make sure it’s comfortable. This will give you time to make any changes, if necessary.
These are some things to look for to ensure you’re comfortable on your big day:
- The bust of the gown doesn’t slip down
- The hem of the gown doesn’t drag on the ground
- The layers under the gown don’t ride up or twist uncomfortably
- No buttons or lacing doesn’t come undone
- No sections on the dress pinch
- The dress looks smooth & no bra straps showing
4. Find Your Venue & Suppliers From Reputable Sources
The most important step in ensuring you have a stress-free wedding is hiring reputable suppliers. When considering companies to hire for your wedding, ask for recommendations from family and friends, look at reviews and use knowledgeable sources such as LocalSearch to find plenty of options. We’ve found plenty of car hire services to take some of the pressure off your shoulders.
Looking For A Reliable Car Hire Service For Your Wedding?
A car hire service for your wedding can come in handy for more than just getting the bridal party to and from the wedding. If you have relatives flying in for your wedding, a nice touch is to arrange airport transfers to make their trip stress-free. A luxurious limousine airport transfer is also a great way to start off your honeymoon!
If you’re looking for a car hire service that’ll turn up on time, be friendly and make your big day a breeze, check out this limousine hire company on LocalSearch.
Leisure Coast Limousine Service
The flawless fleet of classic cars & limousines at Leisure Coast Limousine Service. Enquire about their airport bus transfers!
Ensure your Wollongong wedding transportation is stress free with the reliable and affordable limousine and car hire at Leisure Coast Limousine Hire. Their services include:
- Wedding & formal car hire
- Airport & cruise transfers
- Limousines, classic cars & much more!
Whether it’s picking family up from Sydney Airport, taking you to the departure gate to kick-start your honeymoon, or making sure you and your bridal party make it to your wedding on time, Leisure Coast Limousine Service has you covered. Available 24/7, the friendly team at Leisure Coast Limousine Service pride themselves on offering a stress-free service for all occasions.
As well as weddings, this superior chauffeured hire car service can be booked for school formals and dances, airport and cruise transfers, or to celebrate a special occasion. Get to your location in style with Leisure Coast Limousine Service!
To find out more about their services, visit the family-based Leisure Coast Limousine Service on LocalSearch.