Peanut Butter White Chocolate Blondies
This recipe is a closely guarded secret but our undercover agents used cruel and unusual forms of interrogation to extract the information for you. Follow the steps below, use high quality ingredients, and you’ll soon know why blondies have all the fun.
Enough for a square baking pan 20 cm x 20 cm
- 115 grams of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 large hen’s egg
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 115 grams of creamy peanut butter
- ¼ tspn salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180º C.
- Use a little of the butter to grease a 20cm x 20cm baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the peanut butter and make sure all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Incorporate the salt and flour.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the baking pan, using a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. They’re done when a toothpick inserted in the centre, comes out clean.
- Win friends and influence people.
Peanut Butter Kisses
This is a cookie recipe that combines white chocolate with peanut butter in what probably deserves the title “The Kiss Of Life”… except that title is already taken. No more time to waste, get baking!
Makes 6 to 7 dozen cookies
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 hen’s eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 2 tspn baking soda
- 1 tspn salt
- 1-1/2 packets of Cadbury White Chocolate Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 190° C.
- Cream together the sugar, brown sugar, 1 cup unsalted butter and peanut butter.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to peanut butter mixture. Beat well.
- Shape into 25mm balls.
- Roll the balls in additional sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Press 1 milk chocolate chip into centre of each warm cookie.
- Return to oven. Bake for a further 3 minutes.
- You’re going to need a cuppa, maybe even a mugga.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This recipe requires zero cooking skills. When you’re done combining the ingredients, it’s quickly down the hatch because this is exactly the kind of tempting concoction someone comes along and scoffs while you’re not looking.
Feel free to substitute almond milk or other dairy milk alternative.
Will make one healthy drink
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 small banana
- 5 or 6 ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder or chocolate syrup (syrup has a tendency to stick to the glass, which looks good)
- 1 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 tspn cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into a blender and wizz it up until smooth.
- Add more milk or more ice cubes to reach your desired consistency.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkled cinnamon.
- O. M. G.
Perhaps peanut butter is not for you. Maybe all the kitchen action is too much. That doesn’t mean you can’t achieve nirvana by having someone else do all the prep work for you. Check out the cafés and coffee shops listed on LocalSearch.
In the Burnett region, lucky locals can get their taste buds treated in style at these 2 havens of culinary temptation:
Voted number one dining spot in the Kingaroy area on TripAdvisor, Explorers Restaurant offers 1st class beef, fresh local produce and homemade desserts 7 days a week, from 5:30pm. A small sampling from Explorers’ menu:
- Chorizo Butter Oysters (gluten free) – Grilled oyster with chorizo butter – $3 each (price at time of publication)
- Guiness Pork Belly — Guiness laquered pork belly with pea pesto & molasses bread — $15.50 (price at time of publication)
- Atlantic Salmon — Crispy skin Atlantic Salmon with a lychee, coriander and light chilli dressing — $36 (price at time of publication)
For more information, go to the Explorers Restaurant profile page on LocalSearch.
Bunya Nut Café
The town of Blackbutt is home to a special little café, so called for its namesake, the wonderful Bunya Nut tree. Here you’ll find a most enjoyable selection of burgers, pizzas and seafood. A few highlights from the Bunya Nut Café menu:
- Barra Burger – Everyone’s favourite fish, the barramundi, on a roll – $8.30 (price at time of publication)
- Double Beefy Burger — 2 beef patties, 2 slices of cheese, bacon, on a roll – $9.30 (price at time of publication)
- Lasagne, Chips & Salad — Big on taste, golden fries & fresh salad — $15 (price at time of publication)
For more information, go to the Bunya Nut Café profile page on LocalSearch.
Looking for more foodie articles? Check these out: