This refreshing, sweet melon is identified by its white to yellow skin and delicious green flesh with white seeds.
How to Tell if a Honeydew Melon is Ripe:
- The skin should be a creamy white to yellow colour
- You should be able to smell a sweet aroma
Honeydew Melon Health Benefits
Honeydew melons are packed full of vitamin C, vitamin B6, fibre and potassium, which help our bodies to:
- Repair damaged cells & tissue
- Improve heart & bowel health
- Remove toxins & waste from our bodies
The delectably sweet white flesh of a lychee is cased in prickly, reddish-brown bumpy skin.
How to Tell if a Lychee is Ripe:
- A ripe lychee will have dark red skin
- Once peeled, the flesh will be very sweet
Lychee Health Benefits
Lychees have a very unique nutrient called oligonol, which has benefits such as:
- The ability to fight flu viruses
- Improve blood flow
- Help protect the skin from UV rays
This intriguing vegetable is made up of several parts. Thick green petals encase thin, edible yellow petals. In the centre of the leaves is a fuzzy, hair-like flesh, which surrounds the heart of the artichoke.
How to Tell if an Artichoke is Ripe:
- A ripe artichoke should be a dusty green colour
- Look for a heavy and firm artichoke
Artichoke Health Benefits
Artichokes are full of minerals such as copper, calcium, iron, manganese and phosphorus, which include the following benefits:
- Helps control the heart rate & blood pressure
- Copper is required for the production of red blood cells
- Important for strong bones & teeth
Zucchini Flowers are an edible flowers, recognized by their large, bright yellow petals and green stems.
How to Tell if Zucchini Flowers are Ripe:
When you see zucchini flowers in stores, they should be fine to eat as long as they have not started to brown or wilt.
Zucchini Flowers Health Benefits
Not only are zucchini flowers beautiful, but they are also filled with a large range of vitamins, potassium and magnesium, which have the following health benefits:
- May keep blood pressure normal
- Helps the heart stay at a healthy rhythm beat
- Supports muscle function