Our spin on your ideal washing machine
A reliable washing machine is something you can’t live without. So when your current appliance starts sounding like a Boeing 747 taking off, you’ll know it’s time for a new one! Whether you’re kitting out your first property and looking for the newest tech, or are keen to update your old, outdated appliance for something modern, read this guide for all you need to know about these miracle machines that spin our clothes squeaky clean.
Although both of these washing machines have been designed for exactly the same purpose, there are quite a few differences between each one. To make things simple, check out the pros and cons below!
Front-loader washing machines
Popular for their energy-efficient design, front-loader washing machines use little water, take up less space and offer more cycle settings than their competitors. Unfortunately, this design costs more to initially purchase, and commonly takes longer for washing cycles to complete.
- It’s very energy efficient, costing less money to run
- The washing process uses little water
- The cycle is gentle on your clothes
- The washing process is thorough
- Good for smaller spaces
- More comprehensive settings.
- They cost more to purchase
- The washing can take more time to complete
- Smaller capacity
- Noisy in the spin cycle
- Water can get trapped inside, which can create smelly odours.
Top-loader washing machines
This washing machine design is very easy to load and unload—perfect for people who struggle bending down. With most designs you’re also able to add clothes even once the washing cycle has started. In contrast, top-loader washing machines use a lot more water, and are therefore less energy efficient.
- Cheaper to purchase
- The washing cycle is short
- Top loaders often have a larger capacity
- Many designs allow you to add clothes after the cycle has begun
- Uncomplicated control panel
- Convenient opening (easy to load).
- Less energy efficient
- Top-loading washing machines use more water
- The cleaning performance is less thorough
- Top loaders are not stackable
- More water can remain in the load, which means longer drying times.
Contact number: (08) 8950 4000
Address: 1 Colson St reet, Alice Springs, NT 0870
Well known for their national reputation, you can trust Harvey Norman when it comes to your household goods. Offering a diverse supply of appliances including:
- Washing machines
- Air-conditioning units
For everything you need to know about washing machines, contact the team at Harvey Norman Alice Springs today!
Contact number: (08) 8952 6722
Address: 25 Kidman St, Ciccone NT 0870
For a comprehensive range of household appliances in Alice Springs, visit the team at Carla Furnishers. Here you can pick up a range of quality goods including:
- Washing machines
- Kitchen appliances
- Household furniture
For more information on what this Alice Springs appliance retailer can offer you, pop in and talk to the professional staff today.