Did you know?
During the Second World War in Europe, cocoa (the main ingredient of chocolate) was in limited supply due to rationing. In the 1940s, an Italian pastry maker named Pietro Ferrero, decided to try and extend the life of chocolate by replacing cocoa with hazelnuts. It worked.
Shortly after, Nutella in its original form was conceived and the Ferrero company was born. The mouthwatering and indulgent hazelnut spread that we know and love today was first introduced into Australian households in 1978 and is enjoyed in more than 75 countries.
- 1 x 400 grams Nutella (room temperature)
- 75 grams soft unsalted butter
- 250 grams Arnott’s Nice biscuits
- 100 grams chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 500 grams cream cheese (room temperature)
- 60 grams sifted icing sugar
- Line a 23cm round springform pan with baking paper and set aside.
- In a food processor add 1tbsp of Nutella, 1/3 cup of chopped toasted hazelnuts, the biscuits and soft unsalted butter. Process all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Place the mixture into the round springform pan and press the ingredients to form an even base. Once complete, place the pan in the fridge to chill.
- Using a mixer, softly beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and remaining Nutella until well combined. Remove the springform pan from the fridge, and carefully place the mixture on top of the base.
- Sprinkle the remaining toasted hazelnuts over the mixture and place in the fridge to set for 3 to 4 hours. Serve straight from the fridge.
Don’t have time to make your own cake? Find your nearest bakery on LocalSearch.
If you’re planning a party in Gosford, we’ve found a professional caterer and party supplies store, so all you have to worry about is the cake!
Fork ‘n’ Knife
The team at Fork ‘n’ Knife have been providing professional catering for private and corporate events throughout Gosford since 2009. Specialising in buffet spreads, their flavourful dishes will inspire and ignite your tastebuds. Their services include:
- Cooking classes
- Private & corporate catering
- Buffet spreads
Take the stress out of hosting your next dinner party by letting Fork ‘n’ Knife take care of the catering. Find out more on LocalSearch.
Erina Party Shop
For all your party supplies on the Central Coast head down to Erina Party Shop. You’ll find everything you need to plan the perfect event at great prices. Erina Party Shop stocks a huge range of:
- Large range of costumes
- Christmas decorations
- LED lighting
See their huge range of party products on their LocalSearch profile.
Pancakes, croissants, waffles, straight-from-the-jar, how do your kids like to eat Nutella? Let us know in the comments below!
Looking for more foodie articles? Check these out:
- Traces of Nuts — The Magic of Peanut Butter
- Healthy Kid’s Party Food
- Mocktail Recipes to Try at Home
Disclaimer: Nutella is not to be consumed by persons with hazelnut allergies.