Fact: ovens and stoves are essential appliances for every kitchen. Regardless of your diet and personal preferences, we all rely on these appliances to cook up delicious meals time and again. The question is, what’s better: good old-fashioned gas or its biggest rival, electric? We’re here to settle this battle once and for all. Check out the pros and cons below before choosing what oven and stove you’d like to install. Need a professional to make your kitchen dreams a reality? We’ve even included a couple of kitchen renovators who can help you out!
- Gas stoves offer instant heat as soon as it’s turned on, allowing you to start cooking immediately.
- Generally, gas ovens and stoves are cheaper to run than their electric rivals. This is because gas tends to be slightly cheaper than electricity and doesn’t need a lot of fuel to operate.
- The temperature can be easily and quickly adjusted during cooking.
- Electric ovens and stoves tend to be cheaper to buy than gas, which is great if you’re on a budget.
- They are multi-functional and often have a top and bottom element, allowing you to effectively use the space.
- You’ll find electric ovens produce a very even temperature and mostly always have fans to spread the heat.
- The stove top is extremely easy to clean with just a simple wipe down.
- You’ll find many gas ovens aren’t fan forced, which can cause bad air circulation. This means the top of your oven will most probably be a lot hotter than the bottom.
- Gas ovens and stoves are quite commonly more expensive to buy than electric alternatives.
- Gas stoves are a lot harder to clean than electric stoves.
- Although you may save on the initial purchase, electric ovens and stoves can cost more to run. This is because electric tends to be more expensive than gas.
- If your pan is bigger than the stove ring, you’ll find it takes longer to heat up than it would on gas.
- The heat from electric ovens contains less moisture than gas, and is known to dry out foods such as meats, pies, etc.
Decided what oven-stove combo you’d like for your Dubbo home? Once it’s installed, check out these fantastic kitchen designers and renovators who can deliver your dream kitchen!
For beautiful custom-built kitchens, talk to the professionals at Kustom Kitchens and Joinery. Whether you already know what design you’d like, or need a little help deciding, this friendly and attentive team is able to help. Specialising in flatpack kitchens—which are more economical and convenient—you can rest assured that your chosen design will accommodate all of your property’s quirks, including out-of-shape walls and uneven floors. Home to a highly qualified team with a combined industry experience of more than 50 years, you can count on Kustom Kitchens and Joinery to deliver your dream design. Speak to the friendly and welcoming team today.
Where: 9 Douglas Mawson Road Dubbo NSW 2830
For a professional and reliable service, don’t go past the team at B and J Bacon Kitchens and Joinery. With more than 50 years of collective experience within the industry, this Dubbo business can turn your kitchen from rags into riches. Using the quality products from Blum and Polytec, you know that if you decide to hire the expertise of this company, you’ll receive a design that’s built to last. Specialising in kitchens, bathrooms, wardrobes and vanities, whatever job you need done can be completed by this fantastic team. For more information on what B and J Bacon Kitchens and Joinery can do for you, pick up the phone and give them a call.
Where: 23 Depot Rd Dubbo NSW 2830
LOVE YOUR KITCHEN?
We’d love to know what oven and stove combo you chose! Let us know in the comments below!