- 3 large peeled potatoes
- 1 peeled sweet potatoes
- 1/2 a pumpkin
- 4 cloves of garlic (skin on)
- 1 peeled carrot
- 2 peeled brown onions
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Mixed herbs
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli flakes
- Homemade or store bought vegetable stock
- Spring onions for garnish
- Optional: Sour cream or cream
- Begin by cutting the potatoes into wedges and sweet potato and pumpkin into finger-width slices
- Quarter the onions and roughly chop the carrot
- Place your garlic in alfoil. Drizzle with olive oil and seal
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Place all of your vegetables (bar the spring onions) in a large baking tray
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, paprika and your favourite mixed herbs
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and flip all vegetables. If they are looking a little dry, add a little water to the bottom of the tray
- Return to oven for a further 20 minutes or until all vegetables are tender
- Remove your vegetables from the oven
- Remove skin from onions and pumpkin. Remove garlic from both the alfoil and skins
- Place all vegetables into a large high pot and place on stove at a very low temperature
- Pour 500-millilitres of vegetable stock into the pot with the vegetables
- Using an electric blender, blend your vegetables and stock until smooth (you may still see some chunks)
- Pour in a further 200-millilitres of stock and add a small sprinkle of chilli flakes
- Blend until completely smooth (it should be lightly bubbling)
- Lastly, add more stock to achieve desired texture
- Remove from the stove, garnish and serve
Optional: Once removed from the stove, stir in sour cream or cream.
Is your mouth watering but you don’t feel like cooking? Check out these restaurants in Mount Isa.
The Buff’s Club
Serving meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, The Buffs Club has been a thriving hub for the Mount Isa locals since 1955. Functions services are also on offer with staff happy to cater for wedding receptions. Come in for cocktail happy hour from 5:00PM to 7:00PM daily or pop down for a quiet coffee. Take advantage of the courtesy bus, running 7-days a week and the kids will be sure to love the kids club while you relax and enjoy some of the regular entertainment. While you’re there, become a member to receive exclusive promotions and offers.
WHERE: Cnr Grace and Simpson Street, Mount Isa QLD 4825
Lotus Chinese Restaurant
A favourite among Mount Isa locals, the Lotus Chinese Restaurant offers a range of delectable entrees, soups, chicken, pork, seafood, beef and vegetarian dishes. Come and dine in the restaurant, take-away to enjoy at home or the Lotus Chinese Restaurant deliver straight to your door. Pick and choose your favourite dishes or select one of the generously sized special value packs. Come down and see the team at Lotus Chinese Restaurant today!
WHERE: 3/31 Miles Street, Mount Isa QLD 4825
Not in Mount Isa but looking for somewhere to eat? Click here to find a tasty restaurant near you.
Check out some more soupy blogs here: