- Studies have shown that eating at least one serving of blueberries a week is very beneficial to the brain and can even prevent memory loss.
- Blueberries are packed with fibre and antioxidants, and may help to lower the risk of various health problems including blood cholesterol and urinary infections.
- It’s thought that blueberries may help reduce abdominal fats, and improve insulin and glucose levels.
- Due to their extremely high levels of potassium, bananas are thought to help reduce nicotine cravings.
- Although oranges and strawberries first come to mind when talking about vitamin C, bananas actually provide us with 15 per cent of the daily intake requirements.
- Rich in magnesium, bananas are known as a natural ‘happy pill’, which help to uplift miserable moods as well as being beneficial for people suffering from depression and anxiety.
- Mangos were first grown in India more than 5-thousand years ago.
- 1 cup of mango provides 100 per cent of our daily recommended intake of vitamin C, as well as 35 per cent of the average intake of vitamin A.
- You may not think it, but this delicious fruit is in fact related to cashews and pistachios!
- Strawberries are the only fruit that wear their seeds on the outside, and therefore technically aren’t a true berry!
- One cup of strawberries adds up to roughly 55 calories, making them a great fruit to snack on!
- They are extremely high in vitamin C, with just 8 strawberries providing 140 per cent of the recommended daily intake for children.
- This small green fruit provides approximately 150 per cent of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C for adults.
- Kiwifruit is a popular ingredient in DIY face masks and exfoliations due to its high levels of alpha hydroxy fruit acids, vitamin C, E and K.
- It’s been reported that consuming a kiwifruit before you go to bed can improve your sleep quality.
Looking for a Fraser Coast cafe where you can enjoy some of these nutritious benefits? Check out the cafes below!
Home to a great selection of delicious smoothies and freshly made juices, be sure to head down to Bayaroma for all your fruity needs. Sporting a fantastic new look, this lovely Fraser Coast cafe is the ideal place to visit any time of day. Whether you’re swinging by for a wholesome breakfast, or are keen to visit for a tasty lunch, you won’t be let down by the unique and extensive menu that this popular cafe provides. Pop by and say hello to the friendly staff who make Bayaroma such a lovely place to visit!
Where: 428 Esplanade Torquay QLD 4655
Aquavue Cafe Watersports
If you’re one for relaxing in the fresh sea breeze, be sure to visit the friendly team at Aquavue Cafe Watersports. Located in Torquay, this popular cafe destination is home to some of the best coffee in the area, and not one to be missed. Whether you’re in the mood for a delicious brekky before jumping in the sea or an indulgent lunch to spoil your insides, this lovely location can deliver. For more information on what Aquavue Cafe Watersports can rustle up for you, swing by and check it out today!
Where: 415a Esplanade Torquay QLD 4655
For more fruity fun, check out these blogs: