If your home needs a full refresh, and you’ve been trying to decide on a decorating theme, then you’re in luck! We’ve found 4 of the most modern and popular decorating styles so far for 2015. From bright and fresh eclectic decor, to a Moroccan-inspired theme, all the top tips for decorating your home are right here! We’ve even found some great renovation specialists on the Cassowary Coast to help with your project!
Eclectic decor still has a stronghold over homeowners in 2015. This style is exactly how it sounds—quirky and out there! A contemporary mix of just about everything, achieving the perfect eclectic home is easy! Follow these simple rules and tips:
– Mix modern patterns such as chevron with more natural patterns, such as animal prints
– Pick a bright colour scheme with several complementing hues
– Add quirky decorative items such as book ends or ornaments in your colour scheme
– Install a gallery wall to bring all of these elements together in one place
Another super-popular decorating style, industrial stylings are totally in for 2015. Mixing the modern home with the steel yards and workshops, industrial decor is all about bringing in those factory elements to the home. Try these tips to get on your way:
– Start with a neutral colour palette of whites and greys
– Swap out traditional furniture with pieces that incorporate steel, concrete or other industrial materials
– Add metallic elements to your rooms such as gold photo frames or copper ornaments
– Up-cycle materials such as steel drums and use them as furniture around the home
While Moroccan decor has been around for a while, it has had a refresh in 2015. While it still incorporates those intricate details we all love, the colour palette has totally changed. For a Moroccan-inspired home for the modern era, try this:
– Stick to a fairly neutral, light colour palette, and pick one feature colour (such as blue)
– Swap out gaudy, bright Moroccan patterns for intricate and delicate patterned pieces
– Add silver metallic items to complement the light colour palette
– Hang your decor from the ceiling and walls to create a glamorous feel
Inspired heavily by Mad Men, mid-century decor is back in swing! Think a retro colour-scheme and vintage furniture. For a full how-to on achieving this look, check out this article!
Ready to revamp your Cassowary Coast home? We’ve found a huge range of tradesmen, including renovation specialists and builders, to help you achieve your dream style.
Ready to turn that outdated home into a modern dream? Give the team at WIP (Work in Progress) a call to get started on your home makeover. Working on projects big and small, the team can help with home extensions, renovations and repairs. Perhaps you want to add a deck for the perfect entertaining area, or you just want your interior gutted—call WIP (Work in Progress) for a quote today!
Servicing: South Mission Beach
Whether you want your kitchen to complement the rest of your modern home, or you just need some basic maintenance to refresh your style, Pacific View Renovations are your guys! With 35 years’ experience in the industry, your project will be in safe hands with this talented team. Install a new kitchen, some cabinets or even a walk-in wardrobe to upgrade your home. All quotes are obligation-free, so contact Pacific View Renovations to discuss your project.
Servicing: Innisfail to Cardwell
WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE STYLE?
Which is your favourite decorating trend of 2015? Comment and let us know!