Warning, you may never look at your makeup brushes the same again. Bacteria build-up on makeup brushes can lead to breakouts, decrease the brush life, and in some cases, may transfer pinkeye to your unsuspecting eyes.
How To Clean Makeup Brushes
How Regularly: Once a week to once a fortnight
Spot Cleaning: After each use, spot cleaning your brush with a cloth and makeup cleaner will help prevent any immediate risk.
- Using a pea-sized amount of brush cleaner, baby wash or a gentle shampoo and softly rub your brush fibres in your hand.
- Rinse your brush under water (always facing fibres down) until the water runs clear.
- To dry properly, lay flat on a dry surface overnight.
Note: Never share your makeup brushes to prevent passing on any infections.
Hairbrushes can be a playground for dust, dirt, oil and even dust mites. And to think, this is regularly being used in your hair! This build-up increases your chance of frizz, oily hair and creepy crawlies. Ick!
How To Clean Hairbrushes
How Regularly: Once a week to once a month
- Using a pick, lift any hair from the base of the brush.
- Cut through the hair using scissors to easily remove the hair before cleaning.
- Create a cleaning mixture using baking soda, mild shampoo and water.
- Use a toothbrush to scrub the brush with the mixture.
- Once any grime has been lifted, rinse off any excess and lay flat to dry.
If you have ever noticed marks or small flecks of grime on your clothes when you take them out of the washing machine, there is a good chance your washing machines needs cleaning.
How To Cleaning A Washing Machine (Front Loader)
How Regularly: Once every 1 to 2 months
- Place 2 tablespoons of baking soda and ½ cup of white vinegar in your washing machine.
- Run a normal, hot wash cycle.
- Once the wash cycle is complete, use a damp cloth to remove excess build-up, leftover from the wash.
- Leave the door open to air dry.
[Related: Spring Cleaning 101]
Keep your whole house clean, right down to the very last detail with the Bundaberg cleaners on LocalSearch.
Gleaming Cleaning Service
The family owned Gleaming Cleaning Service proudly cleans your home until every last nook and cranny is sparkling clean. Their services include:
- Bond cleans
- Domestic, office & building cleans
- House washing
Gleaming Cleaning Service uses only high-quality tools and proven effective products to keep your home hygienic and clean. Forget about spending your free time scrubbing and polishing and contact the friendly team at Gleaming Cleaning Service today!
Amanda’s Cleaning Service
If you don’t have the time to clean, let Amanda’s Cleaning Service use more than 30 years’ experience to make your home look as good as new. Their services include:
- Domestic cleaning
- Interior window, stove, fridge, bathroom & kitchen cleans
Amanda’s Cleaning Service knows the tricks to get your home glistening clean. If you need an expert Bundaberg cleaner, check out Amanda’s Cleaning Service for efficient and affordable services.
[Related: Top Spring Cleaning Tips For A Busy Household]