So here it is, the recipe for one of the best homemade granolas around. If you’re trying to cut out the sugar, this is an ideal breakfast option for you. Serve with some fresh fruit and a dollop or two of natural yoghurt for an energy-packed brekky! Give it a go and tell us what you think in the comments below!
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 cups of mixed nuts (chopped or whole)
- 2 cups of desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoon of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of LSA (ground linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds)
- 1-2 tablespoons of rice malt syrup (if you want a bit of sweetness)
– Preheat your oven to 120’c / 250’F, and line 2 equal-sized baking trays with grease-proof paper.
– Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
– If you’re a sucker for something sweet, now’s the time to add a couple of tablespoons of rice malt syrup!
– Once all of the ingredients are fully combined, place onto your prepared trays and pop into the oven.
– Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until golden), shuffling halfway through the cooking time to ensure it’s all well baked.
Once the granola is golden, remove from the oven and leave it to cool. After 30 minutes, shovel into an airtight container and place into the freezer for 15-20 minutes (doing this will help achieve that super crunchy texture we all know and love).
Check out some of our other recipe blogs: