So here it is, the recipe for one of the best homemade granolas around. If you’re trying to cut out the sugar, this is an ideal breakfast option for you. Serve with some fresh fruit and a dollop or two of natural yoghurt for an energy-packed brekky! Give it a go and tell us what you think in the comments below!
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 cups of mixed nuts (chopped or whole)
- 2 cups of desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoon of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of LSA (ground linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds)
- 1-2 tablespoons of rice malt syrup (if you want a bit of sweetness)
– Preheat your oven to 120’c / 250’F, and line 2 equal-sized baking trays with grease-proof paper.
– Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
– If you’re a sucker for something sweet, now’s the time to add a couple of tablespoons of rice malt syrup!
– Once all of the ingredients are fully combined, place onto your prepared trays and pop into the oven.
– Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until golden), shuffling halfway through the cooking time to ensure it’s all well baked.
Once the granola is golden, remove from the oven and leave it to cool. After 30 minutes, shovel into an airtight container and place into the freezer for 15-20 minutes (doing this will help achieve that super crunchy texture we all know and love).
Looking for a Coffs cafe that serves delicious breakfasts? Visit one of the locations below!
Monday – Friday: 7am – 4:30pm
Saturday: 7am – 2pm
Contact number: (02) 6691 3334
Address: 37 Vernon St, Coffs Harbour, NSW 2450
If you’re a lover of coffee, be sure to visit Artisti HQ for your morning pick-me-up. Home to a diverse breakfast menu, here you can taste anything from Byron Bay muesli, to classic bacon and eggs. Choose to sit in and soak up the welcoming atmosphere, or grab a coffee and muffin to go—the choice is yours at this Coffs Harbour Cafe.
Wired For Coffee
Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 2:30pm
Saturday – Sunday: 7am – 12pm
Contact number: (04) 3253 1736
Address: 101 Fiddaman Rd, Emerald Beach, NSW 2456
Located in the seaside community of Emerald Beach, Wired For Coffee is the perfect place to visit for exceptional coffee and simple but tasty breakfasts. Open 7 days a week, here you can enjoy a bowl of house-mixed muesli served with natural yoghurt and honey, as well as a range of smoothies, milk shakes and much more!
Check out some of our other recipe blogs:
- 3 Deliciously Healthy Ice-Block Recipes
- Easy, Healthy Meal Hacks
- Feeling Flat? Eat Healthy In Byron Bay