Nestled in the Amamoor State Forest, the 2015 Gympie Music Muster unites music and mateship across 4 huge days.
Acts this year include:
- 2014 Aria, Best Group winner Sheppard
- 2015 Golden Guitar winner, Troy Cassar-Daley
- The Adam Eckersley Band
- Dean Perrett and many more.
Even if you are not a country music fan, there will be something for you to enjoy. Explore a range of music from folk, bluegrass, blues, bush poetry and gospel. Over the years, the Gympie Music Muster has raised more than $14 million for various Australian charities. If you have already purchased your ticket, see our tips to make the most of the 2015 Gympie Music Muster.
You don’t need to be a country music fan to have a ball at the 2015 Gympie Music Muster. Boasting 8 on-site venues to explore over 4 days, enjoy the eclectic sounds surrounded by nature. To see the muster site layout, click here. To view the playing schedule and plan when to see your favourite acts, click here.
Rain is scheduled for the last four day’s of the muster with temperatures predicted to range from 22-23ºC during the day and hitting a chilly 9ºC at night. So keep this in mind when you are packing!
How To Get There & Parking
Driving: From the Brisbane CBD it will take you approximately 2 hours and 42 minutes to drive to the Amamoor State Forest. From the centre of Gympie, the drive is about 54 minutes.
Public Transport: Visit Translink website to plan your trip. Polley’s Coaches also offer public transport, right to the festival from River Road, Gympie. For the Gympie Music Muster 2015 Bus Timetable and prices, click here.
General camping is included in the price of festival tickets but you will need to book your site by calling (07) 5482 2099.
- A number of campsite competitions are offering prizes for the most unusual, innovative and environmentally friendly campsite!
- One car is allowed per campsite.
Accessibility: Caravans, motorhomes, buses and other large vehicles have access to the camp grounds.
Disability Camping: Limited disability camping spots are available but you will need to call (07) 5482 2099 to ensure you can still book a spot (if you haven’t done so yet).
For more information regarding camping, visit the Gympie Music Muster Camping FAQ.
Other Accommodation Information: Are you looking for last minute accommodation? Visit the muster website for all your Gympie motel accomodation needs?
What To Wear
Layering is the key to staying comfortable at the Gympie Music Muster. Make sure when you pack you prepare for all weather conditions and keep a bag with you while exploring the festival.
Here is what we recommend you bring:
- Raincoat, sunscreen & wide-brimmed hat
- Shorts, long pants/jeans, t-shirts, light jumpers & pyjamas
- Gum boots or comfortable (worn-in) enclosed shoes & socks
A wide variety of food and market stalls are available at the muster or you can find a restaurant in Gympie.
Phone: (07) 5482 1144
Address: 190 Mary Street, Gympie QLD 4570
Located in The Royal Hotel in Gympie, Rascal’s Restaurant is open 7 days-a-week for lunch and dinner.
- The menu includes a selection of steak, chicken, seafood, pasta, salad, burgers & wraps
- ‘Build your own’ steak dinner by choosing your cut of meat, sauce & sides
- Party packages are available for 2 hour events
No matter what you fancy, Rascal’s Restaurant has something to tempt your tastebuds. Order off the á la carte menu, build your own steak meal or check out the daily specials board. Whether you are a Gympie local or passing through, stop-by and see the team! For more information, visit Rascal’s Restaurant.
Dish Restaurant & Wine Bar
Phone: (07) 5483 8897
Address: 15/104 Mary Street, Gympie QLD 4570
Open 5 days-a-week, the Dish Restaurant & Wine Bar provides relaxed, modern dining overlooking Gympie Memorial Park.
- The bar offers speciality beers, a comprehensive wine list, cocktails & coffees
- Modern Australian cuisine consisting of tapas, á la carte, wood fired pizzas & house made desserts makes up the scrumptious menu
- The restaurant is available for functions, for up to 80 guests
Whether you are looking for a drink with friends, a meal or somewhere to host an event in Gympie, Dish Restaurant & Wine Bar offers a relaxed environment for any dining occasion. For more information, visit Dish Restaurant & Wine Bar.