Do you really know what is in frozen, store-bought sausage rolls? Why not try this simple recipe below.
- 500 grams of premium beef mince
- 500 grams of chicken mince
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of reduced-salt tomato paste
- Fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup of wholegrain bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 pack of mountain bread wraps
- Preheat oven to 100°C.
- Finely grate all fresh fruit and vegetables and chop herbs.
- Mix all ingredients (except mountain bread) in a bowl.
- Clean your hands and lay the mountain bread out flat.
- Take a handful of mince and place in a sausage shape on the mountain bread.
- Brush the edges of the mountain bread with egg or water and roll firmly.
- Cut into 4 pieces and repeat for all wraps.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes (checking every 15 minutes).
- Rest to cool and serve.
Golden chicken nuggets are a classic favourite at kids parties. Our chicken nuggets are delicious and free of processed ingredients.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cups of wholegrain Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup of wholegrain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 whisked egg
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Slice chicken into nugget sized pieces.
- Mix flour with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder in a bowl.
- Roll the chicken in the flour and then in the egg mixture.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the Panko crumbs and place them on a baking tray.
- When all chicken is coated, place the tray in the oven for 40 minutes, checking every 15-20 minutes.
- Slice open a nugget to see if they are cooked through (crispy gold coating and white centre).
- Rest, cool and serve.
Chocolate Banana Ice-Blocks
These chocolate banana ice-blocks are easy to make and perfect for a hot day.
- 5 large bananas
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla essence
- Half a block of melted dark chocolate
- Place bananas, vanilla essence and half the almond milk in a blender and mix until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick, add the rest of the almond milk.
- Pour into ice-block moulds and place into the freezer.
- Once frozen, remove from the moulds and dip half the ice-block in the melted chocolate.
- Place back in the freezer and serve when your guests arrive!
Organising a kids party can be a lot of work. Now you have your party food sorted, check out these party hire businesses in Rockhampton for all your bouncy castle, light display and music needs.
Pimp My Party
Contact: (07) 4927 2496
Servicing Area: North Rockhampton, Norman Gardens, Allenstown, Gracemere, Emu Park & Yeppoon.
Treat your guests to a range of party entertainment available for hire at Pimp My Party.
- Lighting, audio & visual effects
- Jumping castles, marquees & catering equipment
- LED & black & white dance floors & ice sculptures
Spice up your next event by hiring special effect machines, such as a snow, smoke, fire, bubble or foam from Pimp My Party. Whether it’s a wedding, kid’s party, or birthday party, the team has something for every occasion. Call Pimp My Party today to really wow your guests.
Total Party FX
Contact: (07) 4962 0555
Servicing Area: Rockhampton, Gladstone & Bundaberg
Take the stress out of hosting a party with the production and planning services from Total Party FX.
- Party hire, party/disco effect lighting, popcorn makers & supplies & smoke/haze/bubble machines
- Production & planning services, DJ services & fundraising disco & event servicing
- Sound/public address systems, party packages & accessories
With a wide range of party packages available, Total Party FX will be sure to make your next party a success. Hire disco lights, smoke and bubble machines or spectacular laser and light shows to ensure your party is a success. Contact the team to see how they can jazz up your next event.
Check out these related blogs for keeping your kids healthy and happy: