Fact: Nothing beats a hot and steamy bowl of soup, served with a generous side of fresh, chunky bread. Read on for all you need to know about creating your very own Halloween-inspired pumpkin soup!
- 1 kg pumpkin
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 5 litres vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Fresh parsley (to serve)
- Natural yoghurt (to serve)
- Warm, sourdough bread (to serve)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees / gas mark 4, and prepare 1 large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Deseed the pumpkin and chop into even-sized cubes before placing onto the tray, with 4 whole garlic cloves and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Cover in salt and pepper (to taste) and roast for about 30 minutes, or until soft.
- Place the red onion and remaining olive oil into a large saucepan and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the cumin to the saucepan and cook for a further minute.
- Transfer the pumpkin and garlic into the pot.
- Pour the vegetable stock into the saucepan and bring to the boil before reducing the heat.
- Blitz the mixture with a hand blender until smooth and creamy.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper, before serving into bowls, with 2 heaped tablespoons of cooked quinoa, a splash of natural yoghurt and fresh parsley to top.
- Enjoy with a few slices of warm, sourdough bread for the perfect Halloween feast!
For a fresh loaf of delicious sourdough bread, visit these Sunshine Coast bakery
Harvest Breads Café
Whether you’re simply after a freshly baked loaf, or in need of a quick pick-me-up coffee, Harvest Breads Café can deliver. They provide:
- Artisian sourdough breads
- A breakfast & lunch menu
- Catering services
For delicious baked treats, visit the lovely team at Harvest Breads Café in Cotton Tree. You can find their details on LocalSearch!
Spice up your pumpkin soup with some superfood goodness from this Sunshine Coast health food shop
The Source Bulk Foods Maroochydore
Home to an extensive range of quality foods, The Source Bulk Foods Maroochydore is your one-stop shop for all things delicious. They provide:
- Over 400 products, including nuts, seeds & grains
- Organic, vegan, paleo & gluten-free options
- Fill-your-own container services
For more information about The Source Bulk Foods Maroochydore, check out their LocalSearch profile page!
Love this simple and easy pumpkin soup recipe? Here’s some more foodie inspiration!