Colourful Sensory Game For Toddlers
Kids love chomping on everything. Creating fun sensory games with edible materials (that they can’t choke on) will help give you some peace of mind. By using soft food such as pasta, you can create a bundle of different shapes for them to explore.
Playtime with colourful pasta will open up a variety of shapes and colours to keep your bub entertained. To make rainbow pasta, try this recipe:
- Several varieties of pasta, cooked a little softer than normal (linguine, fettuccini, penne, spirals & animal shapes)
- Food colouring
- In a large zip-lock bag, combine 2 tablespoons of water with about 20 drops of food colouring. Use a different zip-lock bag for each colour.
- Put the cooked pasta in the zip-lock bags and seal.
- Gently shake the bag to coat all the pasta in food colouring and allow to soak for 1-2 minutes.
- One bag at a time, pour the pasta into a colander and rinse off excess food colouring with cold water. Repeat until all pasta has been rinsed.
- Combine the pasta in a large plastic container.
Sit your baby on a plastic sheet and watch them have a ball! Try forming the pasta into different shapes and talk your bub through the different colours.
Hopscotch For Younger Kids
Remember hopscotch? Did you know there’s an educational element to this classic game? Join your kids for a fun game of hopscotch, while teaching them how to count!
- A footpath or driveway
- Wash-away colourful chalk
The Game Set-Up
- On the sidewalk, draw some boxes in the hopscotch design of your choice.
- In the first box, draw the number 1.
- Continue down the hopscotch course, numbering in order as you go, using different colours.
The Game Play
- Standing at the starting line, have your child hop into each box, saying the number or colour out loud.
- If he or she is a little unstable hopping along, hold their hand beside the hopscotch course.
- When they have it down-pat, get them to start at the other end!
This fun educational game can be adapted to help your child learn basic counting, the alphabet, or even do sums!
Play Dates & Kindy Groups
Learning social skills early is a gift your child will cherish for life. Fully certified childcare centres, playgroups and preschools can help your children develop not only greater social skills, but also kick-start their education journey.
You can find a list of reputable childcare centres and preschools on LocalSearch.
Check out these Coffs Harbour children’s play centres your kids are sure to love!
Hopscotch Boambee Childcare/Preschool
The dedicated, award-winning team at Hopscotch Boambee Childcare/Preschool are dedicated to helping your child reach their full potential. Their services include:
- Childcare, before & after school care, & preschool program
- Bus pick up & drop off
- School transition program & much more!
Hopscotch Boambee Childcare/Preschool believe in promoting fun, educational play in a safe and friendly environment.
To find out more about this Boambee East childcare centre, visit their LocalSearch profile page.
3 Bears Cottage
Located in Coffs Harbour, 3 Bears Cottage early education centre provides quality childcare programs for babies and children up to 6 years of age. Their services include:
- School readiness program
- Nutritionally balanced meals provided by a qualified chef
- Separate rooms for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers
Help give your child the best start in life with the trained team at 3 Bears Cottage.
Visit the 3 Bears Cottage LocalSearch profile page to find out more about their services, or make an enquiry!