Your body loves avocado
You’ve probably heard that avocado is full of fat. However, before you write off this unique green fruit altogether check out the amazing health benefits:
- Avocados are loaded with fibre and contain 36 per cent of your daily requirement of vitamin K.
- Avocados contain more than twice the amount of potassium found in bananas.
- The fats found in avocado are extremely good for you, helping to keep your cholesterol levels low.
- Avocado is a great natural moisturiser and can be used in face masks and hair treatments.
Click here for a great avocado face mask to try at home!
All hail to honey
Sweet and delicious, it’s hard to believe that honey is a completely natural food, free from artificial sweeteners and additives. Check out why its so good for you below:
- Honey is packed with antioxidants, which are believed to help prevent cellular damage and memory loss.
- Honey is known to soothe coughs, and can help to reduce seasonal allergy symptoms, such as hay fever.
- Honey is a natural antibiotic and can be used as a natural treatment for wounds and burns.
- Like avocado, honey can be used in a number of treatments, helping to moisturise and repair hair and skin.
[Related: Top 5 Health Myths]
We’re all familiar with famous Popeye the sailor man and his excessive consumption of spinach, but the question remains: why are these leaves so good for you?
It’s rich in iron, folic acid, vitamin K, A and C, as well as a good source of magnesium and vitamin B2.
Unlike many foods, when spinach is cooked its health benefits actually increase—ideal for curries and soups!
Spinach can help keep you hair and skin healthy, due to its high levels of vitamin A.
Spinach contains a high amount of potassium, which helps to control your heart rate and blood pressure.
For a great smoothie recipe that includes spinach, click here!
Keen to enjoy a delicious meal, jam-packed with nutrition? Check out the Gold Coast cafes below—you won’t be left disappointed.
Secret Deck Cafe
For a fantastic range of delicious meals, be sure to visit the friendly faces at Secret Deck Cafe. Located in Coolangatta, here you can sit back, relax and enjoy a delicious meal; from scrumptious breakfasts to wholesome lunches, whatever the time, there’s something for you. Popping by in the afternoon? Check out their supply of freshly baked cakes, which will perfectly complement your favourite coffee. Don’t go past the Secret Deck Cafe for a great cafe atmosphere on the Gold Coast.
Where: 140 Griffith St Coolangatta QLD 4225
For a healthy and nutritious meal that’s bursting with flavour, head to the Greenhouse Factory! Sporting a 100 per cent plant-based menu, here you can enjoy unique dishes that provide great health benefits. Relax inside their tastefully decorated location with a glass of your favourite wine, as you choose from the list of fantastic meals. Whether you visit for a lazy lunch or late afternoon meal, you’re bound to love every moment at the Greenhouse Factory. Pop by and say hello to the friendly staff today.
Where: 1/74 Musgrave St Coolangatta QLD 4225
ARE YOU A FOODIE?
Tell us your secret foodie facts in the comments below! We’d love to hear about them!