Different Operating Versions
Microsoft has released a variety of versions of Windows 10 for a range of different uses.
Here are the top 6 you need to know:
1. Windows Home
A standard edition for PCs, tablet & hybrids such as Surface 3.
2. Windows 10 for Phones (previously knowns as Windows 10 for mobile)
This is pretty much the same as Windows Home but for smart phones and small tablets.
3. Windows 10 Pro
The Pro version has been made specifically with small businesses in mind.
4. Windows 10 Enterprise
The Enterprise version has the same capabilities of Windows 10 Pro with additional features for IT-based organisations.
5. Windows 10 Education
This version has been designed for use in schools, colleges and universities it will be available with Microsoft’s Academic Volume Licensing.
6. Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise
Featuring the same capabilities of Windows 10 Mobile, this version has additional features similar to those in the Windows 10 Enterprise package.
What is the Difference Between Windows 8 & Windows 10?
The team at Microsoft were clearly listening to their users when they created Windows 10. They have combined a range of favourite user abilities over the years to create an extremely user-friendly operation system.
The Start Button is Back
Combining the traditional start button menu XP users will recognise the Windows 8 tiles, you can now access all your documents, apps, live streams and much more in your start menu. The tiles are fully adjustable and you can change the size and what is shown.
The Introduction of Cortana
Similar to Apple’s Siri, Cortana is a new feature for Window’s 10, which allows your to speak and interact with a digital assistant. Cortana will take into account your past interactions, history and contacts to provide you with the most relevant information.
Incorporating Xbox Live & Xbox Console
Windows 8 users may be familiar with the ability to download the Xbox app, but it was common knowledge it fell short of the experience of really playing an Xbox. Windows 10 has combined Xbox Live and the Xbox Console in the app so you can stream your games from an Xbox One to your tablet, laptop or PC.
Pros of Windows 10
- People with Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 have been offered a free upgrade to Windows 10 for the first year after it’s release.
- You can now use multiple desktops, which will allow you to perform multiple things at once, without you having to close any programs or lose your page.
Cons of Windows 10
- Windows 10 Home users can’t block updates & new features from being downloaded automatically. Windows 10 Pro & Enterprise will have some control over the updates in a program called Windows Update for Business.
- If you are still using Windows 7 or 8.1 Microsoft will not be doing any updates any time soon.
For more information on which version will suit you and where to download Windows 10, visit Microsoft’s website.
Computers can be tricky. If you need a hand with anything regarding your PC or laptop in Rockhampton, check out these computer specialists.
Phone: (07) 4922 6665
Address: 196 Musgrave Street, Rockhampton QLD 4700
Offering a wide variety of IT services in regions throughout Central Queensland, Pro Computers Microsoft certified trained staff offer help for home computers, notebooks or business computer needs.
- Computer repairs & on-site servicing
- Business solutions & networking
- Computer & notebook sales
Whether you are looking for a new computer, want to expand your businesses network or need to fix a problem with your current operating system, the team at Pro Computers pride themselves on quality customer service. Call Pro Computers today for all your computer needs.
Phone: (07) 4922 2400
Address: 205 Musgrave Street, North Rockhampton QLD 4701
If your computer has a problem, Kerr Solutions in North Rockhampton provides affordable solutions.
- Consulting, customising, installation & construction
- Disaster recovery, technical support & network administration
- Firewalls & antivirus protection
Whether it;s for your home or business, the team at Kerr Solutions can keep your system running smoothly. If you aren’t quite computer savvy or need to try and save your crashed computer, call or visit the team at Kerr Solutions today!