Our top travel essentials:
1. Pain killers: to kick that irritating headache while you’re out having fun
2. Antihistamines: to save you from that sudden hayfever!
3. Face wipes/baby wipes: so you might not have time for your full beauty regime during your busy holiday, but there’s no excuse not to wash your face!
4. Headphones: for any annoying flight delays or times where you just need to chill out
5. Dry shampoo: so you can spend less time worrying about your hair and more time having fun
6. A jacket: even in tropical Queensland, it’s important to always be prepared for that chilly breeze or change of weather
7. One nice outfit: even on an off-the-grid holiday, there is always a small chance you’ll want to head out for some fine dining
8. Comfortable shoes: leave those heels at home and invest in a supportive (and stylish) pair of sneakers
9. Sunglasses: don’t forget about your eye health just because you’re holidaying!
10. A spare towel: even if your hotel provides its own linen, a spare towel will never go astray
11. Chargers: because you don’t want to be caught out next time you’re trying to Instagram your beach trip
12. Insect repellant: Tropical Queensland is great for its weather, but not so great for its itchy insects. Lather up!
13. Waterproof toiletries case: this is less about keeping the water out, and more about keeping the water in. Don’t get caught out with shampoo all throughout your suitcase!
14. Filtered water bottle: Carry around a bottle with a built-in filter so you can stay hydrated (and healthy!) throughout your trip
15. Hand sanitiser: Never stress about a public toilet not having soap again!
Our top Queensland holiday destinations:
Comfort Inn Discovery Cairns
For tropical accommodation in the heart of one of North Queensland’s biggest towns, check in at the Comfort Inn Discovery Cairns! Just a short walk to the beach, and an even shorter walk to local shops and restaurants, this is a great place to make your home away from home. Cairns is a great hotspot for an active holidayer who wants the little luxuries such as restaurants and beauty salons, while still being close to the beach. These modern rooms offer the perfect place to rest your weary eyes after a big day exploring the Cairns region—call them to book your room today!
Address: 185-185 Lake Street, Cairns QLD 4870
Yarraman Caravan Park
If you’d prefer a laid-back country holiday with plenty of time to relax, check out the fantastic facilities at Yarraman Caravan Park. Close to a large number of national parks and idyllic walking tracks, this comfortable caravan park is perfect for the nature lover. Onsite you’ll find laundry and kitchen facilities, as well as a pool, playground and campfire to keep the family entertained! Choose to bring your own tent or caravan and stay on a powered site, rough it without power (and turn those phones off) or book into one of the cabins available. This is the perfect place to take the whole family for a natural getaway.
Address: 12121 D’Aguilar Hwy, Yarraman QLD 4614
DID WE MISS SOMETHING?
What’s something you can’t live without when travelling? Let us know below!
Our top travel essentials: