One great thing about creating your own wreath is that you’re in charge! Whether you’re a fan of bright colours or prefer to keep it simple with pale creams, it’s completely up to you. Check out this simple guide to creating a beautiful wreath!
What you need:
– Choose a selection of artificial flowers
– Hot glue or super glue
– Wire cutters
Optional: you can can either purchase a pre-made stick wreath from a DIY supply store, or make your own following the steps below:
– 1 wire coat hanger
– A selection of twigs (roughly the same size and shape)
– Florist’s wire
How to make a stick wreath:
– With wire cutters, snip the hook off of the hanger.
– Trim your twigs to around 25cm in length.
– Bend your hanger into a circle.
– Wrap the florist’s wire around the circular hanger, covering the entire surface.
– Again, with the florist’s wire, start fastening the twigs to the hanger, making sure they’re completely secure.
How to decorate:
– Clear a surface that’s big enough for all of your supplies—remember, ‘tidy space, tidy mind’.
– With your wire cutters, trim the flowers off the stems. Don’t worry about making them all even—different lengths will only add character!
– With your glue, carefully stick each flower to the wreath frame. Remember to keep it uneven, as this will make the final product look more natural.
– With florist’s wire, create a little loop at the top of design—this will allow you to hang up your wreath!
Keen to create a flower crown? Click here to see how it’s done!