One great thing about creating your own wreath is that you’re in charge! Whether you’re a fan of bright colours or prefer to keep it simple with pale creams, it’s completely up to you. Check out this simple guide to creating a beautiful wreath!
What you need:
– Choose a selection of artificial flowers
– Hot glue or super glue
– Wire cutters
Optional: you can can either purchase a pre-made stick wreath from a DIY supply store, or make your own following the steps below:
– 1 wire coat hanger
– A selection of twigs (roughly the same size and shape)
– Florist’s wire
How to make a stick wreath:
– With wire cutters, snip the hook off of the hanger.
– Trim your twigs to around 25cm in length.
– Bend your hanger into a circle.
– Wrap the florist’s wire around the circular hanger, covering the entire surface.
– Again, with the florist’s wire, start fastening the twigs to the hanger, making sure they’re completely secure.
How to decorate:
– Clear a surface that’s big enough for all of your supplies—remember, ‘tidy space, tidy mind’.
– With your wire cutters, trim the flowers off the stems. Don’t worry about making them all even—different lengths will only add character!
– With your glue, carefully stick each flower to the wreath frame. Remember to keep it uneven, as this will make the final product look more natural.
– With florist’s wire, create a little loop at the top of design—this will allow you to hang up your wreath!
Keen to incorporate some fresh flowers into your wreath design? Or perhaps you want a beautiful bouquet to complement your new creation? Whatever the case, if you live in Coffs Harbour, check out these florists!
Emma Louise Flowers
If you’re looking for a unique bunch of flowers, you simply can’t go past Emma Louise Flowers. Specialising in rustic and elegant arrangements for all occasions, you’re bound to love what this talented Coffs Harbour florist can achieve. Looking for a bouquet that will perfectly complement your new wreath? Talk to the friendly team who will be more than happy to design the perfect arrangement for you. As well as flowers, here you can purchase a range of locally made, handcrafted gifts. For all your floral needs and more, visit this amazing Coffs Harbour florist today.
Address: The Promenade321 Harbour Drv (Cnr Mildura St) Coffs Harbour NSW
For beautiful floral designs time and again, be sure to visit Softscape Florist. Located in Urunga, whether you’re after a bouquet for your partner or want to say thank you to a friend, this professional team can craft the perfect bunch for you. Stocking a variety of fresh flowers including tropical, native and traditional species, you’re bound to find the perfect floral arrangement here. Need a bunch delivered? This Coffs florist even offers local delivery! To find out more about what the lovely team at Softscape Florist can do for you, pop in today!
Address: 259 Hungry Head Rd Urunga NSW
Keen to create a flower crown? Click here to see how it’s done!
HOW DID IT GO?
We’d love to see how your year-round wreath turned out? Send us a picture in the comments!