Island Lavender Lemonade
Throwing a backyard shindig in summer calls for a drink bursting with delicious, tropical flavours. Our island lavender lemonade is a great thirst quencher and will delight your guests with its beautiful shade of purple.
- 1 ½ cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 ¾ cups of sugar
- 8 cups of pure coconut water
- 5 ½ cups of water
- 3 tablespoons of dried lavender
- Several drops of violet food colouring
- Lemon slices to garnish
To Make Lavender Syrup
- In a thick-bottomed saucepan, combine 2 cups of sugar, 1 ½ cups of water and the dried lavender.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, leaving for 1 minute before removing from the heat.
- Cover and rest for about 20 minutes. This will allow the lavender to release its flavours into the syrup.
- Once rested, strain the mixture through a fine sieve to remove the lavender.
- Add 2-3 drops of the violet food colouring, depending on the desired depth of colour.
- Let the syrup cool before placing in an airtight bottle.
Note: Make the lavender syrup before the lemonade mix as it is a vital part of the recipe.
To Make Lemonade
- In a large jug, add the lemon juice, coconut water and remaining sugar and water.
- Stir until all the sugar has dissolved, or shake in a bottle.
- Start to pour splashes of lavender syrup into the lemonade until the desired taste is achieved.
- Before serving, stir in ice and lemon slices to garnish.
This watermelon slushy recipe is perfect for both kids and adults! Serve in sugar-rimmed margarita glasses and add garnishes of fresh fruit for a tasty summary drink.
- 1 large watermelon—peeled, deseeded and cubed
- ½ cup of soda water or lemonade
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (emit if using lemonade)
- Watermelon balls for garnish
To Make Watermelon Margaritas
- Place watermelon cubes in freezer for about 5-7 hours.
- Once frozen, place the watermelon cubes, chosen liquid, lime juice and sugar in a blender and combine until smooth.
- If the mixture has gone too runny, place the jug back in the freezer for an hour, stirring at the half-an-hour mark.
- Pour into glasses and pop 1 or 2 watermelon balls into each one.
Tip: Instead of a bowl or jug, serve your watermelon margarita mix in the remaining watermelon halves for a unique twist!
Punch is one of those delicious recipes you remember from the ‘good-old days’. And this recipe certainly packs… a punch!
- Your favourite fresh fruit such as passionfruit, pomegranate or lychees
- 1 litre of fresh orange juice
- 1 litre of fresh pineapple juice (or preferred juice)
- 1 litre of soda water
To Make Tropical Punch
- Remove any pulp, seeds and skin from the fruit (leave skins on citrus fruits).
- In a large jug or punch bowl, add juices and fruit, stirring to combine.
- Place the mixture into the fridge to chill.
- When ready to serve, stir in soda water and ice-cubes.
Are You Ready To Party?
Have our delicious non-alcoholic drink recipes got you planning your next party? Get everything you need from these event and party supply stores on LocalSearch!
Located in Bundaberg, these party supply stores can help you with everything from balloons and invitations, to centrepieces and entertainment!
Once Upon A Party
At Once Upon A Party, their number one goal is to make your next Bundaberg event unforgettable! Their products and services include:
- Party supplies, balloons & decorations
- Candy buffets, jumping castle hire & games
- Costumes, accessories & much more!
Whether it’s a small or large wedding, birthday, baby shower or corporate event, the team at Once Upon A Party can help you organise a unique and personalised event to suit your style and needs.
To find out more about their services, see photos of their work and book their services, visit the Once Upon A Party LocalSearch profile page.
The friendly team at Hinkler Parties pride themselves on offering a personalised service for each and every event. Their products and services include:
- Balloon bouquets, columns & arches
- Balloon topiary trees & helium fills
- Photobooth props & much more!
From invitations and goody bags, right through to table centrepieces and incredible balloon creations, Hinkler Parties can help you add that special touch to each and every event.
View photos of their work or make a booking by visiting the Hinkler Parties LocalSearh profile page.