So, you’ve got your own business, congratulations! Whether it’s large, medium, or small, every business can reap the benefits that come from business cards.
Business cards are a tangible source of information, not just a name on a computer screen. It’s so easy for people to forget names or phone numbers and while smartphones are great, they can’t convey your company brand.
Without a doubt, business cards can send a powerful first impression. You might be thinking of creating your own business card design, and while that can be a great start, you might want to give that DIY project a few thoughts.
All Business Cards are NOT the Same
Since your business card is going to give clients their first impression of you and your company, you want to be certain that they are professional, both in design and material.
Yes, there are dozens of software programs that can help you design your card and perhaps even print them, but if you have ever tried printing photographs from home, you know that colours on paper don’t always match what you see on the screen.
You don’t want to use just any paper, either. Professional printers can be of tremendous help in choosing the right stock, as well as offering advice on design.
DIY Business Card Design
There is certainly nothing wrong with choosing a business card design idea that you feel will represent you and your company best, then allowing a professional printing company to offer suggestions and print the cards for you.
We’ve made a guide to help you get started!
Minimalist Business Card Designs
Simple designs with clean, clear lines that aren’t cluttered with designs are always a favourite. We like some of the following minimalist design ideas:
- A bi-coloured card that features your name horizontally, then contact information vertically, catches the eye without being boring
- With a pretty design on the front and contact information on the back, this type of business card will never hit the recycling bin!
- The icon on this card tells clients everything they need to know without all the clutter. This card catches the eye with its colourful, yet tasteful, design.
Classic Business Card Designs
It’s time to think outside the box! Be bold, be creative, think eye-catching, edgy, even a bit over the top!
- A brightly coloured business card inside a cut-out cover makes clients stop and really look at this card!
- Plain rectangles are so boring! Use a card in a shape that tells clients that you are fresh, innovative, and clearly a cut above the rest!
- This 3-D, stand-up business card has a logo or statement on the front and your info on the back. Clients are sure to set this up on their desk and never toss it!
Whichever design you choose, you will get the quality results you want when you use a professional printer.
Looking for more tips for your business?
Why don’t you check out these blogs
If you are looking for more tips to help boost your small business or digital marketing, Why not look at our business blog?