This pork belly recipe is perfect served with:
- Steamed or fried rice.
- Steamed Asian greens.
- Crunchy Asian salad.
Do you know how good this pork belly recipe is? I can’t stand the majority of pork roasts and dishes, but I always go back for seconds of this one.
The best part is, this recipe is super easy and will absolutely wow any guests. You can also prepare your dish the day before and simply reheat before you serve.
If you’re looking for a great starter to your pork belly, we also have a delicious roast vegetable soup recipe to get your tastebuds going.
Feature image credit: Sharonang
The Best Pork Belly Recipe You’ll Ever Try
- 500g pork belly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon regular soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet sticky soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic, to taste
- Grated ginger, to taste
- 1 spring onion
- 1 red bullhorn chili
- Cut the pork belly up into bite-size cubes.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Evenly coat the pork belly pieces in the seasoned flour mix.
- In a bowl, mix both soy sauces, sweet chili sauce, honey, brown sugar, finely chopped garlic, ginger and finely sliced chili (remove seeds, if you don’t like heat).
- Add olive oil to a pan and heat to medium-high.
- Place pork belly in the pan and move around every minute or so until all sides are lightly browned.
- Pour over glaze and toss until all pork belly is coated.
- Lower the temperature to low-medium heat
- Allow the glaze to thicken, stirring pork belly occasionally.
- Thinly slice spring onion and add to pan.
- Let the pork belly simmer until the glaze is deep in colour and shiny.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to reheat.