Yes, your dog can get lonely
Does you pup yelp or howl as you walk out the front door? While all dogs are different, once you leave home for the day they can often suffer from loneliness, or even separation anxiety—where they can act out with some uncharacteristic behaviour. If you’ve noticed that your dog suffers from severe stress and anxiety when you leave the house, you should consider doggy day care.
Importance of socialisation
Dogs are extremely social animals and crave attention, every day. By leaving the house for work without a fellow pet to play with, you are depriving them of 8 to 12 hours of socialisation a day – and even longer when going on holiday. Socialisation is particularly important for dogs when they are pups, as this is when it has the biggest impact on their development. Giving the right amount of attention to your four-legged friend will help them become more confident and well-rounded.
Picking the right doggy day care
While every pet care centre on the Sunshine Coast might claim to be the best for your dog, there are a few things you might want to consider before placing your pet in their care:
– The centre should smell and look clean from top to bottom.
– Ask as many questions as possible, this is the best way to both get a feel for the people caring about your dog and find out more about the facility.
– Check online for reviews.
– Ensure that they go above and beyond. From dog walking through to grooming, you want make sure your pet is properly cared for while you’re not there.
– You should be allowed to tour the facility without reservations, during business hours.