Check out this simple recipe to whip up your very own schnitzel!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 pounded chicken cutlets
- 1/2 tsp fresh parsley
- In a bowl, beat the eggs together with the garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs (freshly made or pre-made) and grated parmesan cheese.
- Cover each cutlet in the egg mixture, before dipping into the breadcrumbs, and patting gently to make the mixtures stick.
- Place a frying pan onto medium heat with olive oil and cook each cutlet (2 at a time) until cooked and golden.
- Once cooked, transfer the chicken onto an ovenproof tray and place in the oven to keep warm while you make the sauce. For an easy, fresh and delicious chicken schnitzel sauce, check out this recipe!
- Serve with chips, mash or salad!
[Related: Make your own super-simle chicken parma]
Can’t get enough of your Coffs Harbour foodie hotspots? We’ve got more articles here: