Our favourite healthy ice-block recipes are perfect for a hot day. Packed full of vitamins and anti-oxidants, both you and your kids will love these frozen treats.
Banana Choc-Top Ice-Blocks
These banana choc-top ice-blocks are not only super delicious, they’re good for you as well!
- 2-3 large ripe bananas
- 1-½ cups of plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup of almond or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Crumbled dark chocolate
- Shredded coconut
- Crushed nuts
- Grated white chocolate
- In a blender, place bananas, Greek yoghurt, honey and half the milk. Blend until well combined. If mixture is too firm, add the rest of the milk.
- Pour into ice-block moulds and set for about 4-5 hours. Letting them set overnight works best.
- Melt the dark chocolate, adding a little water if very thick.
- Remove the ice-blocks from their moulds and dip them in the melted chocolate.
- Roll the ice-block in your favourite crushed treats and put back in the freezer to set the chocolate.
Fruit Salad Ice-Blocks
If you are looking for a refreshing ice-block packed full of delicious fruit, try this delicious and beautiful looking ice-block recipe.
- 1 litre of plain coconut water
- Thinly sliced kiwifruit, strawberries & watermelon
- Whole blueberries or any of your other favourite fruit
- In a large jug, add the coconut water and fruit and gently stir.
- Pour the mixture into ice-block moulds.
- Leave to set in the freezer for 4-5 hours, best frozen overnight.
Note: Use fresh fruit for a clear, stain-glassed window effect.
Your family and friends will beg you for the recipe of this creamy fruit ice-block recipes.
- 4 cups of Greek yoghurt
- Chopped fresh mango
- Chopped fresh berries
- 1 lime, juiced
- In a blender, add half the Greek yoghurt, mango and half the lime juice. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mix into ice-block moulds, filling only half way.
- Wash out the blender, and do the same with the remaining Greek yoghurt, berries and lime juice. Keep this mixture in the fridge.
- When the ice-blocks have been in the freezer for 1 hour, remove them from the freezer. Pour the berry mixture to fill to the top.
- Return the ice-blocks to the freezer for about 4 hours, or until set.
With all of these icy recipes, it is important your freezer is in proper working condition for them to freeze at the right consistency. If you need fast refrigerator and/or freezer repairs in Darwin, check out these Darwin appliance repairs services.
Loved these recipes? Check out our other scrumptious recipe articles: